After rain comes shine

2:56 PM

Hi!

Do you know how I know that I'm really liking it here in Vancouver and at UBC? I have had a week with midterms and papers but I still had such a good time. It has been stressful but every day I found that there was at least something I could smile about.

Done is done, I'm sure no one wants to hear about my school work. Except computer sciences. In our lab we were going to make snake. (You know that game where a snake eats food and grows. No one who reads this should be so young they do not know what it is.) It did not go well. Whatever.

But what really made my week was Friday, which, generally is a really good day. When I left the building of my last class, it was sunshine. Lots of it! I had earlier forced convinced asked my friend Michelle if she wanted to go for a walk with me. Since it was sunny (but still rather cold) we headed down to Wreck Beach. After hundreds of stairs we came across this funny sign.

Avoid staring and gawking

In case you didn't know Wreck Beach is a nude beach. Michelle didn't know the first time she went. When it was warm. Apparently the sight of lots of old naked men was not as enjoyable as it sounds like. Because it had not been a nice day earlier and maybe because it's October there was only one naked old man. Eyes on the ground...

Wreck beach with mountains in the background

But it was nice and sunny and we had a good time. After a while we decided to keep going. So we went back. Up all the stairs (which by now were thousands of stairs!). I hadn't checked out Nitobe Garden which is a Japanese garden on campus. So we decided to go there. It was very peaceful. Then we visited Milkshake. He was tired. 

It was then time for me to leave these friends because I was finally getting reunited with my Becca. When we finally found each other it was great. More then a year since we last saw each other it was like coming home. 

We made chocolate cookies and realized that we would probably have the greatest cooking show ever. Then we made dinner and lots of her lovely friends came. I heard a thousand stories about people I don't know. It was great. Becca, I'm coming to visit you in Montreal. 

Then I slept. Now I'm finished writing for today. I want boots. 

Byeeee!

Ps. I like this song



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe