Swedish Summer: Music

3:17 AM

Hi everyone!

I realize that the last time I blogged was a while (almost 3 months) ago. Unacceptable, I know! But I'm good, I've been doing good, first year at university was fun and hard work and I'm way to lazy to summarize what I've been up to during these months.

Instead I'm introducing to you the blog's new theme that will last us the whole summer. Some of you might have guessed by the title that the theme is "Swedish Summer". I am rather excited and I hope you all are too.

So, without further ado, here we go!

---

A natural place to start would have been traditions, but since midsummer was several weeks ago I've decided to not start with that. Instead we will talk about... Music! And really, if you read the title there should be no surprises there either.

Every year, every summer there is a summer hit. Or as we call it in Swedish, a sommarplåga (this is where I tried to look for a phonetic translation in case someone not Swedish wanted to try to say this word. But I gave up because I figured that people don't really care that much and probably can't read phonetics either). Sommarplåga directly translated to English would be a summer pain. Which usually is what the songs become because they are played so much.

But most often it is songs we love to hate and hate to love. The most important part is that it's catchy, simple, happy and catchy. These songs stick in your head. A lot.

Now I will introduce you to four songs that I think are songs I will hear a lot this summer.

1. Artist: Alina Devecerski
       Title: Flytta på dig


What it's about: You know this song, well it's kind of about the same things. The girl sings that she's building things but then "you" are destroying them which makes her really pissed off so she says "We have to have a talk. Hey, you have to move!". There's more lyrics but the most important part of this song is that "you" (whoever she's singing to) should move. 
My opinion: It's catchy, that's for sure. It's getting a bit overplayed now though.

2. Artist: Panetoz
       Title: Dansa Pausa


What it's about: This song is about dancing... pausing. Dancing... pausing. The message this song wants to give people is that it doesn't matter if you're fat, skinny, pretty or ugly. As long as you have a good time and that you should dance... pause. Dance... pause. 
My opinion: Same as to the song above.
Övrigt: 
Ibland blir det svårt

---
These two songs are clearly sommarplågor but I think that we have two other songs that while they may not be as popular they are still played a lot and they deserve to be mentioned.
---

3. Artist: Icona Pop
       Title: I love it

What it's about: Since this song is in English I don't really have to explain what it's about. But for those who still want to know it's basically about not giving a shit, having fun and being young and free.
My opinion: I love it!


4. Artist: Ivi Adamou
       Title: La La Love

What it's about: It's about love or something. The video is quite interesting though. It's like Snow White and she looks really pretty. There are no dwarfs, instead she becomes friends with ladies that are dressed in white body suits. There are some really big fruits. Spoiler alert: No one dies.
My opinion: It's so catchy...
Other: This was the song that Cypress sent to this year's Eurovision Song Contest. I personally think it's quite a good song, but it wasn't good enough to win. That honor went to another country. Which one? Oh right, Sweden!

---

So that's a few examples of songs that will continue making us dance/make us leave to room and give us pleasure/be tortured for the rest of the summer.

But personally, the song I will be playing this summer is this song.


The beautiful and talented Jessie Ware singing 110%. I've just fallen in love with this song.

---

That will be all for now, I hope everyone is having a great summer. I promise to update soon again, I have yet to decide what it'll be about.

Until next time,
Hannah

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe