Danish Summer

2:37 PM

Hello!

As some of you may know, I am actually NOT in Denmark right now but in Italy. I promise, I will give you a full Italy update in a couple of days. Right now all I'll say is that I'm having a wonderful time. Instead I will tell you about the trip that me and my family did to Copenhagen last week.

This entry is specially dedicated to Matt because he does not only have Danish heritage but he's also a cutie. I don't need any more reasons!

---

Photo creds: Dad took picture, my sister's hands and phone
We drove down to Denmark, went out for dinner and afterwards took a walk all the way back to our hotel (it was less than 20 minutes from Strøget, a big walking street in downtown Copenhagen). If you have sharp eyes you can see the Rolls Royce parked along the harbour. There was a convention and about ten couples from the UK had driven their Rolls Royce all the way to Denmark and were going to continue on a Nordic Tour. Life of the rich...


Walking around we saw lots of cool things. A bicycle covered in leather (please give me) and a famous Danish garbage can store called Vipp. Then we had delicious smørrebrød.

In the evening we had a spectacular meal at a place called Bistro Boheme. I dressed up in my new dress that my family had gotten for me (thanks!)


The next day we went to a museum called Glyptoteket which was pretty incredible. When we were there they had a "new arrangement" (whatever this means) called French Masterpieces. Thinking about it I think it means that they had all the paintings previously but just rearranged them. Maybe. Either way it was pretty amazing and they had lots of cool statues and a big room with pillars and mosaic. 

After that we went drove back to Sweden again. (It's close, around 5 hours). 

---

So this was our Denmark/Copenhagen trip! It was pretty fun because we didn't do the same thing as we always do. In other words we didn't go to Tivoli (but if you've never been you should go. See the pantomime, I've watched it every time I've been there)! But as usual, Copenhagen is a wonderful city, just a bit on the expensive side. There's also good shopping if you like that.

In Italy it's late and I should go to sleep. I wish you all the best and promise to have an update about Italy very, very soon.

Arrividerci!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe