Sweetness

11:25 PM

Hey guys!

I was thinking about telling you all about what I'd been up to since I last updated my blog, but in all honesty I can't really remember. With assignments, quizzes, midterms and readings, every single week reminds me of the week before that and before that.

I did however have reading break a couple of weeks ago, and I certainly did some exciting things then (lies) and I also happened to take pictures (truth)! I should make it clear right away - things in my life I count as exciting are probably related to food.

Me and my Swedish homeboy Axel had some serious cravings for semlor so we decided to make some.

Om nom nom nom nom
This stuff is the real deal. Homemade bun and homemade madelmassa. Freaking legit. You know you're jealous. Actually... if you haven't had one (and if you're Canadian, you probably haven't) you wouldn't know what to be jealous of. I guess that you just have to take my word. You are definitely jealous.


There's even more reason to be jealous. Just as Axel was leaving, Tung came walking down my walkway. Even though it might seem as the reason to be jealous is the fact that I have such fabulous and wonderful, that not the reason. This is the reason...


Homemade pizza is just so much better (and cheaper!) than you can get at other places. It was absolutely delicious. Then we went out and danced the night away (or in my case, until my feet were bleeding). (Mom and/or Dad, if you're reading this, don't worry! My feet weren't actually bleeding. I'm just being a drama queen.) 

---



Last weekend I had a serious craving for Swedish style cinnamon buns. Except I wanted to make them with cardamom. I made a lot of them. Unfortunately I was feeling lazy (and I also had a midterm the next morning. I'm an expert in organizing my time) and therefore I didn't take any pictures. 
So delicious. I also took this picture today. Not the day I actually baked them.
Anyway, compared to the last time I made bullar, these turned out fabulous. Maybe it's because I finally have fresh yeast instead of that awful active dry yeast! 

---

This is the end of the post. Either I've bored you to death or I've made you hungry and drool all over your keyboard. Right now I'm going to eat the very bun you see in the picture above and then I'm going to dance in my living room. You know why? Because I like having dance parties all by myself. 

Until next time, 
lots of love and butter (which, basically, is the same thing as love)

Hannah

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe