Homecation?

11:29 PM

Hey!

Have you heard of the term "staycation"? It's basically a vacation but you stay at home. So what about when you have two places you consider home and you are travelling to one of the places to the other? This is what I did. I left Vancouver to go home to Sweden for 20 days. Was it a vacation? But I was going home... So I'll call it a homecation. Because I like to make up words.

---
The day after I arrived I went out for lunch with my friend Jonathan. Then I shadowed him (actually I walked beside him but anyway) to one of his lectures. It was very interesting, I learnt a lot about urticaria. I also surprised my old high school classmate Selma by suddenly appearing in her lecture.
Then my bestie Malin came all the way from Lund back to Linköping (where we're from) just to see me. Yay! According to Google Maps that's 407 kilometers. Then the next day my other really good friend Frida arrived from Gothenburg (which is 279 kilometer according to Google Maps). I guess these distances depends on which route you take but they both travelled really far to see me and I was super happy to see them. To celebrate being together again we went out for drinks. We each had two drinks, talked about life and stuff, people watched, didn't recognize anyone and felt old and like strangers in our own town.
---
The 18th of May, which was the following day my family had planned an open house. We had invited a bunch of my friends, family friends and relatives to stop by and say hello.
Me together with Frida, Cristian and Daniel. Y'all so KEWT.
This is my sister Liv, my another sister Emma, myself and Annika.
---
My parents and I went to this park where we used to live. We didn't live in a park, but the house was in a park. It's right by a sluss, I think that it's called a lock or something, it's used for transporting water up and down canals. I think. Maybe?  
We used to live by a castle that was built around 1500s or 1600s. It's called Sturefors Castle. 
The circled window used to be my bedroom window. This building is called The Gardener's Residence. 
---
Then I did a bunch of other things, saw relatives and friends, hung out and relaxed. I was only home for a short time but as they say, it was short and sweet. Thank you Sweden, it was great seeing you again, if only for a little bit. 

Byeee
(I'll be back soon with another post!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe